BioXFEL is committed to providing our students with opportunities to diversify their skill sets and integrate themselves into our highly multidisciplinary Center. In addition to the workshops, conferences and online courses, we will now be offering our students the opportunity to train in another technique in another laboratory within the Center. This support will come in the form of a scholarship that can be used to pay for travel, housing and incidental costs incurred during the training. The maximum for this is not to exceed $5,000 per scholarship.
See what our past scholarship recipients have done with their cross-training here.
- All applicants must be an official BioXFEL Scholar. This means you must have completed the BioXFEL Scholar Application and the IDP evaluation form.
- The proposed cross-training activity should either be relevant to your current project or be used to prepare you for the next step in your career.
1. Identify a potential skill or technique that would enhance your research project or professional development.
2. Find a suitable host lab (within BioXFEL or external) that would be willing to train you in the desired technique.
3. Acquire a letter of support from your current PI and the host PI
This opportunity does not have a deadline, but accepts applications on a rolling basis.