- Thursday, 31 March 2022
PostDoctoral Associate in Bioinformatics, Structural Biology (Rutgers)
RCSB Protein Data Bank is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with domain experience in structural biology, bioinformatics or related fields. The successful candidate will work on research projects that drive modernized deposition/validation/biocuration tools and creation of next generation PDB repository. This position will involve collaboration with other programmers and scientists in a collaborative team environment. Training will be provided in design, development, and deployment of modern data-intensive scientific applications, within a microservice architecture. The candidate should show an eagerness to learn new skills and technologies.
She/he will be expected to contribute to these projects by adopting new algorithm and upgrading existing software to enhance validation software integrating enriched bioinformatic data using APIs for data transformation to create the next generation PDB archive.
- PhD in Structural Biology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
At least one of the following is required, but more are preferred:
- Experience with Python, document databases (e.g., MongoDB), search or data access tools (e.g., ElasticSearch and GraphQL)
- Excellent in any of the following areas: Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, Biochemistry, Chemistry
- Experience working with large and complex scientific datasets
Additional skills are a plus:
- Self-motivation and independence
- Good documentation habits
- Proficiency with Unix command line
- Experience with containerization software (e.g., Docker) and API development
- A track record of productive research results